Sunday, 4 December 2011

A week feels like a month!

Hi guys. Wow. I can't believe it's been a week already; it feels as if i've been here forever. I've been running around every day sorting out bank accounts, my medicare card, jobs, housing, my phone and where the best joints are to eat, drink and use the wifi. I'm still at Original Backpackers in Sydney Kings Cross, which is really near all of the night life on Kings Cross. Great location, reasonable price (considering the time of year) and I'm in a dorm with two UK girls called Katie and Hayley who I really get on well with. They have been travelling down the East Coast for 4 months and are staying around Sydney area for the next few months to save some money before shooting off again to do the rest of Aus.

The Visions in Style job didn't work out in the end; long story short, the guy wanted me to work all hours under the sun for what turned out to be an average daily wage and basically give up all of my social life in order to help out at the events, so I jacked that in and am now in search of a job / housing in Manly - which is a ferry boat ride from Central Sydney. It's a very chilled beach suburb; went over there on Wednesday and it was lovely weather so naturally fell in love with the place and got a few trials at a few restauants this coming week and a few house viewings too. The job I really want is at a place called Moo Gourmet Burgers http://www.moogourmetburgers.com.au/ ; there are two jobs available; Marketing (which would be great) and Waitressing, so I'm going for both and seeing which fits me better, in terms of hours, experience, pay and general enjoyability of the job. The other place is a tapas place overlooking the harbour, which also seems like a lovely place, so I'm happy either way. I do love tapas...



So I've been busy busy busy running here there and everywhere. Busy every day; went to have a look at the Botanical Gardens, Sydney Opera house and stumbled upon a cool market a few days ago. Just done my RSA too which means I can serve alcohol in a bar or restarant. If Manly doesn't work out, I'll probably head to Bondi Beach and look for jobs / accommodation there. Went to Bondai yesterday with the girls and from what we saw of it (it was pissing it down) it looked like a lush place; a bit commercial, but still nice, so it's second choice... for now! Just hoping the weather improves... It's raining here at the moment... which is absolutely rubbish! I need sun! But still my mood is sky high and I am loving every minute of it.



Social-wise, I've not been out much, but the few nights I did go out I went out with Katie and/or Hayley to the Kings Cross Hotel, which is a pub with five floors, all with different themes (a bit like Oceana but different levels going vertically), very cool place and it's free entry. Still haven't been to World Bar so need to go there still, and generally everywhere! I've said to the girls in the hostel that I will pop back and forth to the City on my days off and they'll pop and see me at the beach; they haven't been to Manly yet.



Currently sat in a cool coffee shop where the waitress is incredibly friendly :) had some nachos for lunch and about to have a nice long coffee to warm up a bit. Everything seems to have just fitted right into place here and I am very happy with the company, location, social life, work situation (hopefully, fingers crossed) and sooooon... the weather! :)

Love you all, wish you could all experience this with me! :-D
I'll give you an update next week with new on the new hostel in Manly (it's supposed to be the nicest one in Manly) and the job situation

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I really really wish i could wave magic wand and come sit on that beach, catching the waves, sipping a cocktail then downing a Moo Burger. Love you miss you loads and lots of love with Job interviews this week x

    ReplyDelete