Had a word with the owner of the business a few days ago, about the bully Laurel, saying that she can't speak to people like s$%*t all the time. Ever since, she has not really spoken or had a go at me, and she is leaving in two weeks, which is great! Two new UK guys are nice, but are hating it as much as Mel and I did when we arrived. We keep telling them it will get better! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!...
But it turns out that the UK guy who is doing the kitchen was actually brought here to replace me... As in, when Mel and I moved rooms, they thought we had got up and left in the middle of the night!!!! So, he was running around the next day, calling up wanna-be chefs and house keepers to find replacements, and we were actually just in the room next door and he hadn't asked anyone where we were. He actually ran after the Greyhound bus shouting and screaming at it. He was very embarrassed admitting this to me, and said it was in the top ten of stupid things he has ever done.
So, I had a meeting with the owner, Alan, about the issue a few days ago, asking what was going on. What was going to happen to me/Dan? Who was going to get the job? He said, that he was unsure as he thought I was good, but the kitchen isn't run and cleaned to a commercial standard, because I have no idea what I am doing and have guessed my way through so far, so he wants to see how Dan, the UK trainee chef goes. Apparently there is another guy, who has been unemployed for 11 years (working as a priest!..? he has his own website :-/... well weird!)... who arrives tomorrow who he also contacted and has just told Alan he is on his way (sold his house etc) and is coming to Renner to start work. Awkward. So he has three people for one job. My job.
So yesterday I had a long think about it and decided to set up a meeting with Alan to talk about my options. I had a hard think and decided to take a risk... hand in my notice and take myself out of the running to become 'the chef', as I didn't want to end up with no job. I decided to create a new job at Renner Springs for them to consider me for. Promotions, Organisation and Marketing Assistant; I explained that everyone felt the place wasn't organised and ran to the best of its ability, no one feels valued or listened to, everyone feels over worked, there was no people management and that the place wasn't promoted at all... Alan considered, and I followed it up with an email detailing all of my ideas in how I would turn the place around. They are now seriously considering it. So, I may have just created a kushti job for myself. Or potentially have given my job in the kitchen. Of course, there are other jobs available, and I could get back in to the 'running' if I want, but I don't fancy it to be honest, although I do enjoy my shift, apart from the cleaning... Lol. I have two days off (today and tomorrow), so enough time for the owners to consider me doing a bit of housekeeping and promotion work on the side... Hoping they decide I am good enough. They have already talked to me after I sent the email, saying my ideas were professional, creative and they were very impressed, so I'll keep you posted... Fingers crossed...
Lots of love to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment